Most of the time, dry eye syndrome is a life long problem, but Dr. Janot offers some unique approaches, most of which are not available in stores, which they have found extremely effective in our patients:
Triglyceride forms of Omega 3s are recommended as the foundation of all Dry Eye treatment plans by Dr. Janot. He prescribes Physician's Recommended Nutriceutical products.
Artificial tear lubricants are one of the simplest and most cost effective ways to manage dry eye symptoms, and we are pleased to offer Oasis Tears for our patients. Not available on store shelves, Oasis Tears have a unique viscoadaptive agent to provide a superior level of comfort to dry eye patients.
Microwave Activated Moist Heat Compresses are a natural, proven way to bring relief to dry eye syndrome, styes, chalazions and blepharitis. Simply microwave and apply. A warm Bruder Moist Heat Compress helps unplug oil glands. This frees the oil in the glands to flow into the eyes and slows tear evaporation. There is no need to add water, no waiting and no mess ... just fast acting relief.
The Bruder Eye Hydrating Compresses feature naturally hydrating MediBeads® which:
- Replenish Moisture
- Refresh Eyes
- Relieve Dryness
- Reduce Inflammation
- Improve Meibomian Oil Gland Production
- Treat many types of eye irritations
TrueTear® neurostimulator for Dry Eyes NOW AVAILABLE!
We’re pleased to announce that TrueTear® is now available at our office! If you feel like your eyes aren’t making enough tears or you’re suffering from one or more dry eye symptoms, you and your doctor can decide together if TrueTear® may be right for you. TrueTear® is a device that uses state-of-the-art technology called neurostimulation to help your eyes temporarily make more of your own tears. We are excited to be among a select group of practices offering TrueTear®. Contact our office today to schedule a TrueTear® demo during your next appointment.
- What is Dry Eye Disease & how has it been treated? Dry Eye Disease is a deficiency in one or more components of our “complete or natural” tears, those which keep our eyes comfortable, white, and clear. These complete or natural tears are very different from “reflex or salty” tears which are produced when we are emotional or when our eyes are irritated. Dry Eye Disease has traditionally been treated using artificial tears, prescription eye drops, and highly purified Omega 3 supplements.
- Are there any new treatments for Dry Eye Disease? A first of its kind in eye care is the TrueTear® intranasal tear neurostimulator which temporarily produces more of your own complete or natural tears. Clinical studies have shown a 2 ½ times increase in tear production.
- How does TrueTear® work? Similar to TENS therapy for joint pain, TrueTear® uses neurostimulation technology. The unit emits tiny pulses of energy to stimulate a branch of the trigeminal nerve inside the nasal cavity called the anterior ethmoidal nerve (see schematic). The tear glands react by temporarily making more of your own complete or natural tears.
- Is TrueTear® safe, how long is the treatment and how often can it be used? Yes, TrueTear® is extremely safe and may be used two or more times daily, as needed. Each treatment takes no longer than 60 seconds to provide hours of relief.
- What is the advantage of TrueTear® over more traditional therapies? Advantages are that is a drop-free, drug free option and very simple to use. And, most importantly, the tears produced by the TrueTear® device are your body’s very own natural tears, which are always more beneficial than any type of bottled tears.
See interviews about TrueTear® including a patient testimonial:
for more info, visit truetear.com
Eyelid hygiene and cleansers are used with great effectiveness and most patients are surprised to learn that the tears which are responsible for comfortable, clear, white eyes are actually produced by the oil glands within the eyelids! Warm compresses, eyelid cleansers and wipes have been around for years, but we now have new, natural ways to manage this:
OCuSOFT HYPOCHLOR GEL .02% 2OZ.
Intended for cleansing and removing foreign material and debris from the application site including microorganisms, immediate care of minor irritations to the skin, cleansing minor cuts, minor scrapes and minor burns. Gel provides added moisture for healing
OCUSOFT LID SCRUB PLUS PLATINUM FOAM 50ML.
An extra strength leave-on eyelid cleanser that effectively relieves irritation by removing oil, debris,pollen and other contaminants. Added anti-inflammatory properties.
Restasis prescription eye drops. RESTASIS® Ophthalmic Emulsion is the only FDA approved prescription medicine that helps increase your eyes’ natural ability to produce tears, which may be reduced by inflammation due to Chronic Dry Eye.
Punctal Plugs are used for an in office procedure known as Punctal occlusion. This means blocking some or all of the puncta (small openings in the four corners of the eyes near the nose, through which tears drain). This is done in order to improve the lubrication of the eye surface by slowing down tear drainage in people who are aqueous deficient (have low tear production).
Dr. Janot will customize a treatment program specific to your condition, but rest assured that you should be able to enjoy clear, comfortable, white eyes, for years to come!